You are here
Virtual Property Tour hosted by CREW Mid-Atlantic Chapters
CREW Coastal Virginia with the new Ferguson North America HQ
CREW Maryland Suburban with Congressional Bank
CREW Pittsburgh with The Riveria
Each chapter presented a project that illustrated a variety of owner goals. Here are some of their observations:
- The Ferguson North America HQ has a Green Globe certification which is different from the LEED certifications used in Pittsburgh. The building uses an ice tank system to provide air conditioning and the windows deflect the summer sun with reflectors.
- Congressional Bank had a “Moving with COVID-19” experience when they moved into their new building. They had shifts of people moving in and it took two weeks for everyone to unpack.
- One advantage while making Pittsburgh office buildings COVID-safe is that they still have lots of individual offices which is a much better environment to start with than the open floor plans of recently renovated buildings in New York City for example.
- Procedures and finishes from healthcare buildings are now being implemented in office buildings – for example, touchless restrooms.
- Innovations in retail include specific curbside delivery zones but there is no longterm decision yet on the future of dressing rooms.
- Office building innovations include raised floors for flexibility in making technical networks support future layout changes, using moveable walls, and creating elevator phone apps to expedite the flow of people in and out of a building.